Our customers' personal data privacy and protection is of paramount importance to us. We want you to feel happy and secure while visiting our avatontech.com website and to regard the application of data protection as a customer-oriented quality feature.
The Regulation requires all information addressed to the data subject to be processed in a concise, transparent, comprehensible and easily accessible form.
For that reason:
• Our website regards the sale of security products and other related items. The transactions, as well as the browsing of our site, are executed by a secure server with SSL encryption protocol.
• Users of https://www.avatontech.com, who are minors, have access to its services only with prior consent of their parents and / or guardians. In case the aforementioned conditions are not satisfied, such minors should abstain from any attempt to make use of the services, pages, and generally its content. If we detect use of the website and e-shop by minors (eg ordering a product), the personal data of the minors will be deleted immediately and the legal transaction (eg sale) will be regarded void.
Information & Products Provided
AvatonTech.com is committed to the accuracy and completeness of the information provided in the online store in terms of the identity of the COMPANY as well as the transactions provided through the e-shop.
The Company, in good faith, is not responsible for electronic data entries made by error / omission in common experience and is entitled to correct them whenever they become aware of their existence.
What is the personal data and which do we collect?
"Personal data" is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject"). Anonymous information is not regarded as such.
Our website collects personal data a) when you subscribe to it, b) when you sign up for our newsletter, c) when you use / order our products and / or services, d) when you visit its pages and / or you enter its promotional / advertising programs; e) when you participate in competitions. The personal information collected is the minimum required for the completion of the above actions, which are identity data, contact details and / or your financial data.
It is possible to collect and process the following types of personal data, such as information about your computer, your visits to our website and your activity, in order to create the connection correctly, to make the use of our website easy and comfortable as well as the security of our system (e.g., IP address, date and time of access, type and version of your browser, operating system, preferred pages, and so on), information you provide when completing your profile on the website or in related apps such as social networks and any other personal information you choose to upload to our site. Of course, such use will only be made if the law so permits.
We do not collect special categories of your personal data, ie data "that reveal racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership, as well as genetic data, biometric data in order to undeniably identify a person, (Article 9 (1) of the GCPR / GDPR) or data relating to criminal convictions and offenses (Article 10 CPP / GDPR). If you do not allow us to collect your personal data for the purposes listed here, we may not be able to provide you with our services in the best possible way.
• How and why do we use your personal data?
When such use is necessary for the general contractual performance to which you are a party, ie when you make a purchase from our online store or our shop (selling, invoicing, shipping, handling complaints) and when its use is necessary for compliance with our legal obligation, ie when we file this data for accounting and tax purposes, in accordance with Article 6 (1) (b), (c) and (c) of the CGD / GDPR. We also use your personal data to manage our website, to provide third parties with statistical information regarding you, however without the recipients of these data to be able to identify you and for the maintenance of the website and its linked applications and in order to avoid fraudulent acts.
Only when you give us your explicit consent, and depending on the personal data you have given us, we create your user profile according to your personal interests and we will send you advertisements related to our activity (or for the activities of carefully selected third companies) via e-mail, SMS, Viber and so on. The legal basis for this process is Article 6 (1) (a) and (c) of the GCPR / GDPR. You can stop at any time accepting updates from us, either by using the corresponding delete link at the end of the message or by contacting our customer service at our call center or by sending an email to ……………..
Once you have given us your explicit consent and according to the personal data you have given us, we create your user profile according to your personal interests and we will send you newsletters that will provide information for products, offers, competitions etc. The legal basis for this processing is Article 6 (1) (a) of the GCPR / GDPR. You can stop at any time receiving updates from us either by using the relevant delete link at the end of the newsletter or by contacting our customer service at our call center or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation in contests
You have the opportunity to participate in competitions through our website or our newsletter or through our social network page. Your personal data that you will provide us with in order to participate in a competition will only be used to perform the competition (eg winner announcement, winner notice, gift shipping ) and we will process it only for this purpose, provided you have given us your consent, which you can revoke at any time with effect for the future, either by contacting our customer service at the call center or by sending an e-mail to …………………. The transmission to third parties takes place only if this is required to complete the competition (eg sending the gift through a cooperating transport company). As a general rule, further forwarding to third parties is excluded. At the conclusion of the competition and the announcement of the winners, the winner's data is kept for the entire duration of legal warranty claims, in order for replacement or change in the event of a defect.
Cookies are, in simple wording, small pieces of code, which record your moves when navigating our site and are divided into:
• "Cookies" that are necessary to identify and / or maintain content entered by the subscriber or user during a session on a site throughout that specific connection, e.g. when a user completes an online form or registers purchases in an online store (for example, by selecting the "add to cart" button). Persistent "cookies" that are installed for the same purpose and last for a few hours are also included in the same category.
• "Cookies" that are necessary to authenticate the subscriber or user to services that require authentication (for example, when making a bank transaction via the Internet).
• "Cookies" installed to protect the subscriber or user, such as "cookies" that detect repeated failed attempts to login to a user's account on a particular website.
• "Cookies" with multimedia content, such as a "cookies" flash player, during a session on a website. Such are, for example, "cookies" that are installed by viewing a video on the website that the user has visited.
• "Cookies" that are necessary to carry out the load balancing technique in a link to an internet site.
• "Cookies" that "remember" the subscriber’s or user's choices regarding the presentation of the web page (eg "cookies" concerning the choice of language or the presentation of search results on a web page).
• "Cookies" that are installed through plug-ins on social networking sites and relate to the sharing of content between certified members who have already logged in.
• "Cookies" installed for the purpose of advertising and are installed by the website, which the user visits (first party cookie), as well as for "cookies" installed by others (eg advertising networks) through the website provider (third party cookies).
• "Cookies" installed by others (e.g., advertising networks) through the website provider (third party cookies) and are necessary for other purposes (eg research and market analysis, improvement of advertised products, etc.) and are not directly related to user identification.
• “Cookies " installed for statistical analysis (web analytics)
Primarily the transfer of your data to third parties is excluded
By way of exception, the data is processed by processors provided we ask for it. The processors are carefully selected, controlled by us and are contractually bound in accordance with Article 28 of the GDPR. In addition, we may be asked to send extracts of your request to our counterparties (e.g. suppliers, for requests regarding products) in order to process your request. These counterparties can be auditors and professional consultants (lawyers, accountants, bankers) and / or companies involved in product transfer, professional service providers of services such as marketing, advertising and support, optimization and web site hosting companies, payment control services , Electronic Crime Prosecution, Consumer Protection Services and Anti-Fraud Services, for cases of Malware, Social networks in case you choose to link your account with our website. If your personal data is required in an isolated case, we will notify you in order to obtain your consent. We do not transfer your personal data to recipients outside the European Union.
When you choose to pay using a credit card, our website does not see your credit card number, and it only retains the data necessary to certify the transaction using the following systems. We accept all Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Diners credit cards. If you have selected as a form of payment the credit card, the process will be executed and completed through our trusted partner - a banking institution that provides all the necessary security guarantees regarding electronic transactions. Credit Card Clearance is performed through two different banking systems (a) ALPHA BANK and (b) Masterpass electronic purse with the redirect method, which ensures maximum security of transactions. All stages of the card billing process are certified by PCI- DSS, the globally recognized – and also now mandatory - e-commerce certification standard.
Ensuring Privacy of Transmission of Data. To ensure the confidentiality of the transfer of credit card data to its customers, Alpha e-Commerce uses the 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption protocol. Under this protocol, confidential data is stored in encrypted form only in its systems, without direct internet connection and are transferred encrypted to the co-operating Banks.
Controlled access. Access to Alpha Bank and Masterpass systems is controlled by Firewalls, which prohibit access to confidential data systems and databases.
Security of your personal data
We have effectively implemented, both at the time of designing the processing tools and at the time of processing, appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to implement the data protection principles and incorporate the necessary safeguards into processing in order to meet the requirements of the GDPR and to protect your rights. We have also put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that, by definition, only the personal data necessary for the purpose of processing are processed. We have active procedures for controlling possible violations of personal data, and in such a case we will immediately notify you as well as the competent supervisory authority.
How long do we keep your personal information?
The computers and programs used by our company are created in such a way that the use of personal data and identification data is minimized. This data is processed only to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes stated in this Policy and will be stored for as long as is strictly necessary to achieve the specific purposes pursued. In any case, the criterion used to determine the storage period is based on compliance with the time limits allowed by law and the principles regarding minimizing data, limiting the storage or rational managing our records.
What are your rights under the GDPR
If you are a European Union resident, you have in simple terms the following rights:
1. The right to be informed about the way we use your personal data.
2. The right of access, ie you can request a copy of the personal data we hold regarding you.
3. The right to rectification, ie to correct your personal data, which may be incomplete or inaccurate.
4. The right of remission (right to "forgiveness"), that is to say, in certain cases, ask us to delete your personal data we hold (unless there is a legal reason for prohibiting it)
5. The right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
6. The right to the portability of your data, ie to request a copy of your personal data in a common file format in order for you to transfer the data to another company.
7. The right to object to the processing of your personal data, e.g. for direct marketing purposes.
8. The right not to subject the data subject to a decision taken solely on the basis of automated processing, including profile drafting, which produces legal effects affecting you or significantly affects you in a similar way.
9. The right to complain to the competent data protection supervisory authority in the Member State where you have your habitual residence or your place of work.
The above rights are subject to specific regulations regarding when you can practice them. You do not have to pay to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your rights), unless your request is groundless, repetitive or excessive, in which case we may refuse to comply. Please note that we may request some additional information to confirm your identity, when you request access to your rights or when you exercise any of your other rights and this is used as a security measure so that your personal data will not be disclosed to others. We will respond to each request within one (1) month, unless we need more time due to complexity or number of requests, in which case we will inform you accordingly.
The whole of this website including photos, images, text, graphics, source code, databases, drawings, news, images, software, applications, provided services and any kind of file and content is subject to intellectual property after the necessary authorization has been granted by them to be posted on the website, and is governed by Greek, European and international legislation on intellectual property. Consequently, any reproduction, republishing, copying, storage, sale, transfer, distribute, publish, perform, translate, modify in any way, in whole, part or in summary without the prior written permission of the beneficiary / owner is forbidden.Exceptionally, a single storage and only one copy of part of the website content in a personal computer for personal and in no case for public or commercial use is allowed, without affecting in any way the rights of intellectual and industrial property. In this case it is expressly prohibited omitting the indication of origin. Also, any pictures or logos and trademarks representing third parties, and the products or services are proprietary marks and are protected by applicable trademark laws. Their appearance in should in no way be deemed as a transfer and / or conveyance of license and / or a right of use.
Please check regularly for any modifications.